Tuesday, September 23, 2008

When In Doubt, Think of Your Car...

I spent an unusually large amount of time trying to think of a topic worthy of the first official post in this thing. I wanted to post something deep, something meaningful, something that you, as the person reading this blog can take away, ponder and then probably forget. And after all that pondering, what I came up with was: "Screw it. I'm gonna write about why I love my car." Then I second guessed myself and wrote something completely different anyway. And now, several posts later, I figured I should dust off this draft and stick it up for the world (yeah, right - all of about 4 people :-P) to read.

So, my car...

I know, I know - a topic that comes deep from the complicated and often confusing psyche of a man. But hey, either you've stopped reading, or you're wondering how bad this could be.

So - ode to The "Ravenous 4".
I truly love my car, despite the fact that the damn thing's gonna cost me an unlawful amount of money to fix up the little problems that have been ignored by previous owners. Why do I love it so? Well... despite the fact that it's what you'd call a "wimpy SUV", I can fit an entire PA system in the back - and now that I've added a towbar, I can pull one too. I get great fuel economy, but I have no fear of curbs or speed bumps. I got a nice stereo, which I sold (thanks JMac) to make way for the totally awesome one that I brought over from SoCal. That coupled with the 1000W sub/amp in the back means I can give complimentary back massages to rear passengers. Funnily enough, it wasn't till I read the manual (couldn't find the damn oil filter) that I found out that I can fold all of the seats fairly flat to make a nice bed in the interior. All I need now is some LCD screens and a disco ball ;-). But those will have to wait.

And that's all I can think about for now - partly because I can't be bothered, and mostly because I'm still at work :-\. Ah well.

No comments: