Tuesday, September 23, 2008

[Simian Primate Grunting]!!

That's right, I feel so darn masculine, I'm resorting to grunting. To all you guys out there, if you want to feel the testosterone flow, go buy a house and start fixing it up - after you finish with the car, of course.

Seriously though, I've done more handy-man projects in the last few days than ever before. I then did the most obvious thing to counter-act the manliness and took photos of my handiwork. But here they are - I have no shame. Heck, how else am I going to brag in a blog? In fact, the only other way I COULD brag about this stuff is if I take you down to my house and show you. But that requires an appointment, so this blog is going to be your best bet for now :-P.

Over the last week, the number one project has been - qualify for Contents Insurance. Contents insurance is currently the key - without it, we can't take delivery of the most comfortable couches in the world (which happens on Thursday by the way) nor can I start moving all my crap down there. We also can't start moving the various engagement presents we received (which are currently driving my dear mum-in-law insane). However, I can now say with confidence - we qualify. That's right, our house is now about 40% more secure now, and that's only because I counted the window locks being inoperable (never got the keys :-[ ). Allow me to explain: we couldn't qualify for contents insurance because we didn't have deadbolts on all exterior doors, which is a prerequisite in our area (good ol' Kwinana...). After shopping in the best man-toy-shop around (Bunnings, how I love thee...) I came prepared with various tools and 2 types of locks for the 2 doors that needed securing. The end result was these:










Not a bad piece of work if I do say so myself :-P. The rest of my accomplishments include this light on the right ->
Bit Japanese restaurantish, but it made my missus jump and squeal happily, so I certainly don't mind :).





I also stopped the front screen door from slamming every time by putting in a new one of these
<-






Next step is going to be furiously preparing for painting - there's a long weekend coming up and last I heard, Klara was hoping to get some help in for a massive paint-fest. Fun stuff :-P.

1 comment:

Klara J said...

*swoon* !!!
So manly!!!