Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Most Expensive Keys I've Ever Bought...

Well, that's that. My life is now officially sold to the bank for the price of one house. Still, it's pretty cool jangling a set of keys that are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I caught myself imagining the moving-in process last night - I was getting caught up in how cool it would be to set up my "Free Chair" and possibly look at getting a BIG TV. Then there was what to do with spare space, living room, back patio, yard, front patio... The list goes on. But all this imagination-ness pales in the face of the daunting amount of work ahead of me. Between painting the place and the insane amount of gardening that has to be done, I reckon I'll be kept out of trouble for a LONG time...

In other news, my theory about "Spinning Plates" has yet another chunk of proof - Things get sorted out with the house, I put out some drama fires with friends, and suddenly I've got family dramas coming from nowhere. Nice to know that life has its constants :-).

Hint: Want a big TV, but don't have the money for a plasma or LCD?? Try hunting down a second hand "Rear-Projection" TV. Due to the nature of how they work, there's no such thing as a small one. The only catch is that most sellers expect you to move it yourself, meaning you'll need a friend or 3...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh love, you get no chance, ay?

*hugs*

Brock Atkinson said...

If you decide to get a television, make sure you have a graphics card that can support it. That way, you're able to watch all your movies from your computer straight onto the tv.

A friend of mine implemented a computer into a dvd box which he then put under his LCD (next to the other dvd player), and used it to play games (FEAR was scary as hell) and to download and watch blu-ray movies to no cost.

But big televisions are overrated. My 19-inch does the job for me.