Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Movie Review: Wall-E

So, just saw Wall-E tonight, as most of you would have gathered from my mass messaging. And in keeping with my newly developed tradition, I figured I'd play the amateur movie critic again, so here it is - what I thought of Wall-E.


Holy. Freaking. Moley. Batman.
That's right, Wall-E was exactly what you'd expect from Pixar. Good clean fun for young and old! I am most definitely NOT going to give any spoilers, nor will I even quote/summarize my favorite parts. Everything, from the little mini-sode at the beginning, to the end credits (yep, I mean EVERYTHING) was just plain awesome, not to mention gut-bustingly hilarious. I will go back on my previous promise and mention that there's some funnies in this movie for Mac users - humor that, as CJ put it, was only understood by "him, me, and a group of Asian kids down the front". But that's what you get for being a nerd.

All in all, it's movies like this that give me hope for the human race - even when your childhood heroes aren't cutting it (I'm looking at YOU George Lucas!!), you have people like the dudes and dudettes at Pixar that can prove that the movie industry isn't ALL bad. To be perfectly honest, Pixar movies are pretty much the only movies I can be bothered paying for - so you know it's good, coming from a self-proclaimed movie collector via illegitimate means... ;)

Furthermore, if you missed out on seeing it tonight - I am fully up for seeing it again. Let me know. Seriously. I'll be there. Group trip. Soon. Please...?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, now here's the thing. I love Pixar very much, they have a special place in my heart right next to Disney. But, due to the principle that I REFUSE to see this movie because it looks stupid (yes, stupid) , I will not be seeing it until it comes out on DVD.

I am bummed that I'm so stubborn, coz you obviously loved it and I trust your judgement (even if you took me to see Harrison Ford in that weird movie) but a promise to myself is a promise!

Topher-o-Rama said...

DID YOU NOT READ THE "MAC JOKES" PART???

[sigh]

Still love ya, Kat-friend, but honestly, you boggle the mind sometimes...

Anonymous said...

Boggle YOUR mind.

I did read that. Even so. My stubbornness fails.

I am going to talk about you in my blog now. Dork time!