Thursday, August 28, 2008

Free-Floating Enthusiasm!

So I was reading over the last few posts because I seemingly had nothing better to do, and I couldn't help be be disappointed at myself - after all, it's mostly negative and cynical!

Ah well, it just means that I have to balance with positivity - so here's some things that I'm smiling about! So, here goes:

1) In just over a week, my woman and I will have a house! Yes, that does mean that I have to move soon, but it's a new adventure especially when....

2) We're going to OWN a house! Wait, didn't I just say that? Ah, but my point is this - because we OWN the house, we can do pretty much whatever we want to it! I've already started daydreaming about nerdy stuff like wiring up a network, running network to the shed out back, setting up entertainment systems - but I daydream about non-nerdy stuff too! I can't wait to measure out the shed out back and set up a work bench, and powertools, flouro lights, organizing tools, building a central workspace... [insert manly grunting *here*]
Exciting times, no?

3) I get to see a smile on my woman's face - and nothing makes me happier than seeing my woman happy! (Especially when it's so effortless!) Big secret tip for the guys out there: You want to hang on to the woman you love? Then put her happiness well before yours - trust me, you'll still be happy too!

4) I've got some new hobbies that I can't wait to start exploring! Granted, I'll need to wait till I can afford it, but they'll be awesome: such as building a motorized fun-vehicle (go-kart, pocket bike, mini-quad... who knows?) or getting into remote control helicopters! Right now, I can't wait to try pulling apart some cheapo R/C car and putting a DRILL motor into it... could be interesting!

5) Heck, I'm still excited about #2! In fact, yes, #5 is - I'm still really stoked about #2.

And that's about all for now - I've only got about a 1/2 hour left at work... before I go and fix someone else's personal computer on the side. [sigh] It's tough being a nerd in demand...

2 comments:

Klara J said...

:) Yeah, I'm pretty freaking excited about #2 too!!! Hooray for home owners!! (And also, men that make their women happy rate pretty highly in my books, for what it's worth) ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, hope it all goes well tonight champ-ig-non! (Yes, mushroom.) Let us know how it goes!