Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Movie Review: "Sleuth"


Was at Civic Video tonight, dropping off 9 Bond films and renting another 5, and Jayne, my housemate extraordinaire, picked out a movie at my request. The film she picked? Sleuth, starring Michael Caine and Jude Law.

We watched it while eating our respective dinners, and as the film progressed a few things became clear:

1) This film makes absolutely no sense. - when you spend more than half of a movie scratching your head, it's a bad sign.

2) (Potential Spoiler) There's only 2 people in the whole movie. - according to the credits, there's 3 actors [I'm not kidding.], but one of them only appears as a TV character, so he doesn't count.

3) There's no way I could ever bring myself to pirate this DVD. - If you truly need a final nail in the coffin, the fact that I have NO DESIRE whatsoever to rip this DVD to add to my collection, that should pretty much cover it.

Actually, it's pretty impressive in and of itself that some movie studio somewhere in an English speaking country can produce a movie that I never want to see again - especially when you consider the fact that I did rip Hebrew Hammer. Rent it. Watch it. Understand.

As Jayne and I spent most of the movie looking at each other, just to confirm that the other was equally in the dark, the only thing we took away from it was, "This movie must have been written by one sick cookie."

No comments: