Monday, August 18, 2008

THE FIRST POST...

So welcome to the most pointless blog on the InterWebz - the blog of a Procrastinator Extraordinaire! Seriously, I moved my old MySpace blog here months ago, and am NOW FINALLY getting to the first post (and not just because I copped some nagging from the fiance... ;) )

I suppose now would be a good time to start rambling about how my life is going - my trials, my joys, my successes, my failures... But I can't be bothered because either:

A) Don't wanna think about it.

OR

B) Can't be bothered typing that much

Take your pick - they seem to be universally applicable (especially since it took this long to get around typing this entry).

ANYWAY - might as well give some basic highlights, seeing as it's what's on my mind, or what I'm using to distract myself with; hell, I'm not sure which.


First of all - THE MEDIA SERVER LIVES. That's right, be afraid you non-nerd mortals! Jukebox 2.0 is up, running, and packing some serious storage (do YOU have over 850GB of storage on YOUR piddly little computer?). Best part? When I'm done setting up the file-system and dumping all of my various bits of junk on there, it'll hook up to my TV and sound system. And some of you chose to do SPORTS in high school? Freaking. Awesome.




Next up - THE HOUSE IS ALMOST OURS. You heard me right, the woman and I are a hop, skip and jump away from owning our first house. Crazy, huh?






Third serving? I figured out how to get the embedded Next G modem on a Toshiba Portege R500 to connect to a network OTHER than BigPond's! Alright, so that's not even all that exciting to me, but it's been bugging me for a couple days, so fixing it feels good :) .

1 comment:

Klara J said...

Ah. Such a wonderful nerd you are ;)